WHAT IS A USDA LOAN MORTGAGE?
USDA Loan Benefits
A USDA loan makes homeownership attainable for those who may not be able to afford to buy a home otherwise. Here are some of the benefits of a USDA loan and USDA Streamline refinance:
• No down payment
• Competitive fixed interest rates
• Lower Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) than a conventional mortgage
• Flexible credit scores
USDA Loan Eligibility
To be eligible for a USDA loan and USDA Streamline refinance you need to:
• Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. non-citizen national or a qualified alien
• Live in a USDA determined eligible rural or suburban geographic area. Generally towns with a population of less than 20,000 qualify.
• Meet income eligibility limits set by the USDA. These loans are intended for low to moderate-incomes.
• Use the loan to purchase or refinance a primary residence.
• Be creditworthy. While the USDA doesn’t set a minimum credit score, lenders may impose their own credit requirements.
• Show a stable income with at least two years proof of income.
• Ensure total debt does not exceed 41% of your income.
Not the right fit for you?
Wheatland Bank offers many additional mortgage products for you to consider.
Contact a member of our team today and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We will also work with you to identify the right loan for your situation.